One of the best ways to get more fruits + veggies into your diet – a GREEN SMOOTHIE!
I have been drinking some version of this thing since 2007. It keeps my immune system strong, my gut healthy + it also helps keep my energy consistent throughout the day.
See recipe below.
What you need:
- 1/2 orange
- 1 small chunk pineapple
- 1 small banana
- 1-inch piece of fresh ginger root
- 1 scoop of plant-based protein powder (vanilla)
- 20 oz. of filtered water (can also use almond or soy milk)
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- 10 springs of parsley
- handful of dandelion greens
- 1 chard leaf
- 1 collard greens leaf
- 1-3 leaf of kale (any kind)
- 2 cups of spinach
- 2 cups of ice
Blend in Vitamix until smooth. Makes two 32-ounce Mason jars full. Will stay fresh 2-3 days in the refrigerator, but always tastes best the first day!
P.S. If you enjoyed this post, you’ll love my weekly newsletter on Substack. It’s called The LIFT + it comes out on Sundays. You can check it out & subscribe here.